When you’re looking to migrate your store from one platform (like BigCommerce, WordPress, Magento, Volusion, and others) to Shopify. There are some key pieces of information that you need to know. You’ll want to make sure that you get the right theme and the right setup over on Shopify – but there are backend settings and backend pieces that are more important. To make it easy, we’ve put together a checklist for migrating your E-Commerce store to Shopify.
Checklist for Site Migration to Shopify
- 301 Redirects to tell search engines that each page has moved.
- Categories get moved into “Collections” in Shopify.
- Product data – moving all the product page data into Shopify is key.
- Google Analytics Tracking and Verification for the new site.
- Facebook Pixel Verification for the new site.
- General content and images moved into the Shopify pages and theme.
- Shipping & Tax information to setup correctly inside Shopify.
When you’re migrating your site keep in mind that Shopify is a very different platform from others out there. But there are similarities. The theme will likely be different and some settings will be in a new place – but overall Shopify is one of the best E-Commerce platforms for a reason. Leave a comment below with your questions – or shoot us an email at email@example.com.